HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Regular HVAC maintenance is essential to keep your system in its best condition, especially during the months you need it most. If it’s already time for your system tune-up, below is a long list of things you should do.
You can also skip it all and search for an “A/C maintenance contractor near me in Massapequa, NY” and let the pros do the tune-up.
- Clean around your outdoor unit. Maintain a 2 to 3 feet clearance from bushes, trees, or shrubs that can tamper its operation. Outdoor units should be free from any hindrances that can affect the airflow.
- Check your rooftop vents and registers. Start removing leaves, fallen branches, debris, or any barriers on the registers to allow the air to pass through in and out of the system freely.
- Invest in high-efficiency pleated air filters. Go to your trusted local HVAC company and purchase a filter that features electrostatic charges. Have the filter installed in your system as early as today.
- Inspect refrigerant lines. Make sure to schedule a regular check-up of the refrigerant lines especially this fall. It should be part of your overall maintenance plan.
- Install a new humidifier filter. Do not wait until winter before replacing your old humidifier filters. Now is the best time to do it.
- Examine your heat exchanger for leaks and other issues. Check for vibration, leakages especially thermal leakage, foul odor, and other potential problems. For safe and reliable results, get heating and air conditioning maintenance plans in Massapequa, NY from your trusted local HVAC contractor. These tasks are usually included in maintenance programs.
- Do a combustion-efficiency test. Contact your HVAC contractor for the job.
- Upgrade your home’s insulation. You do not want to deal with this during winter so begin improving your insulation this fall. Use newer materials with advanced features for the insulation to ensure a cozy and comfortable indoor environment these cold months.
- Inspect your pipe insulation. Do not forget about your plumbing system. Store your garden hoses and wrap any exposed pipes to prevent them from freezing.
- Clean and keep your air conditioner clean. Fall is when your air conditioner must take a break. See to it that each part of the A/C is well cleaned before the cold rush comes.
- Freshen up your chimneys. Start clearing your chimneys. It is important to have it cleaned and serviced at least once a year. If you have not scheduled a chimney cleaning service, you better do it now!
- Check all alarms. Change the batteries of your carbon monoxide detectors and alarms. Make sure they are in good working condition.
Professional HVAC Maintenance in Massapequa, NY
Your HVAC system requires regular maintenance for a smooth operation all year round. For expert maintenance and other HVAC services including indoor air quality in Massapequa, NY, call All Weather Temperature Control. The team is always ready to serve you!
ABOUT ALL WEATHER TEMPERATURE CONTROL
We began doing business out of a small office in Massapequa, New York with only one full-time employee. It was the founder, James Stone, who was backed with 25 years of hands-on experience. In May 1978, we held a ground-breaking ceremony with friends, employees, local dignitaries, government agencies, customers, as well as media for the building of our brand new and superior energy savings building here in Copiague, NY.